Lossless Holidays: Ways to Save Travel
Eugene Bliskavka. He has 12 years of experience in the financial market. Head of the Financial Health project, financial literacy expert, certified independent financial adviser, mother, author of articles and books “Children and Money” on financial education of children. Ask your question to an expert and get advice here.
How to save up for vacation?
It is perhaps too late to recall this in the run-up to summer. If you are striving for a situation where family vacations do not make an annual gap in the budget, do not force you to get into unprofitable debts and loans, or take 5 “part-time jobs” at the last moment, then we are sure that you don’t need to tell about savings. In addition, there are no special tricks in this matter: you decide on the format (beach, sightseeing
How to plan a trip
When all or almost all the necessary amount is typed, you can begin to organize recreation. The most important thing when planning a budget holiday is lead time. The sooner you start planning and the more carefully you get to business, the more you save. So…
- Choose the direction and format of the rest and decide whether you will organize everything yourself or buy a ready-made tour. It is well known that it is more profitable to travel to Europe and America on your own, and it is more convenient and cheaper to buy a package tour to resort countries (Egypt, Turkey). It is more difficult with Asia - to independently organize a budget trip, you will need to spend a lot of time on the Internet and find out a large number of nuances.
- If you want to buy a tour at the agency - decide whether you will do this in advance (getting a discount for early booking up to 30%) or at the last moment (getting a chance to buy a tour to a good hotel at a "burning" price). Both options have advantages and disadvantages.
- If you organize your trip yourself, it is more profitable to buy tickets and book a hotel room (apartment, apartment) in advance - for approximately 2-3 months (in some cases, for six months). Cheap tickets can be purchased on the websites: anywayanyday.com, skyscanner.ru, momondo.com, trip.ru, aviasales.ru. You can book your accommodation on the sites: booking.com, expedia.com, tripadvisor.com, airbnb.ru. If the opportunity arises, use marketing promotions, discounts, coupons, bonus programs.
- Insure yourself from trouble: get travel insurance, baggage loss, medical insurance. Their cost is relatively low, but it will pay off at the first "emergency" (which, hopefully, does not arise).
- Check debts - According to the law, you may not be allowed to leave the country if the amount of your debts exceeds 5000 rubles. You can make sure that you have no outstanding obligations on the websites: service.nalog.ru/debt/ (tax debts), www.gibdd.ru (traffic police fines), www.nbki.ru (credit history request).
How to secure your money on vacation
How to secure your money on vacation?
About how to do on vacation without financial adventures, also have to think in advance.
- Prepare cash in the currency of the country where you plan to go. To do this, you need to calculate the minimum necessary amount (for example, paying a visa on the spot, travel to the hotel, tips, drinks and food upon arrival
etc.) Currency exchange at the airport or at the hotel will hurt your wallet. One third of cash can be replaced with traveler's checks.
- Take 2 bank cards with you (preferably different payment systems). Connect SMS notifications in advance to be aware of all ongoing operations. In no case do not write the pin code on the card and do not store the "cheat sheet" with it. Already on the spot, always demand that all payments be made with you, as well as withdraw cash from the ATM of your bank or local partner bank (this will avoid a commission for cashing out).
- Print and take along useful contact information, including: the telephone number of the round-the-clock support service of your bank (in case the ATM eats the card, it will be stolen
etc.); card data (last 4 digits); the code word that you indicated on the card as an identifier; phone numbers of the insurance company service for services if necessary.
How to combine business with pleasure - saving on a trip
Rest and trips are good in themselves - they energize, give memories, help meet new friends ... But why not save even on a trip, if it is possible and does not harm the rest and peace of mind. How to do it?
When shopping with special cards, you accumulate miles, which you can then spend on trips. Even having acquired a trip for miles, you again replenish your balance of accumulated miles - for future trips. Popular and convenient miles accumulation programs are Aeroflot Bonus, Tinkoff ALL AIRLINES, Raiffeisen Travel Card, etc.
Plan your purchases
Think in advance what souvenirs you want to bring from the trip (for example, does your mother-in-law need a 5th magnet with pyramids?) And for what amount - this will save you from unreasonable expenses. Also, take advantage of the sales season and opportunities to visit duty-free shops and outlets.
In most European countries, there is a tax-free system - the return of value added tax paid by tourists. Often, the dressing skin is not worth it, because to get cash on hand you have to overcome bureaucratic formalities. But if you make a major purchase abroad, then the refund can reach 20%, which, you see, is already a pleasant no-trifle.